You have no item(s) in your cart
It’s a shame that we have to worry about security to grow a plant that has been around much longer than us. Prohibition started in the United States about 80 years ago, Land of the Free. Many people around the world face the same problem today, making it is necessary to secure your grow.
Securing your grow room has several steps. Begin by restricting access to your garden and securing the perimeter. Do this by making sure you can control everything and everyone who enters and exits near the grow area. Keep the area under lock and key to prevent access. Make sure your not showing telltale signs including:
- light leaks
- growing supplies
Consider all external forces that could be tipped off as well:
- Telephone conversations
- Tracking you home from hydroponic stores
- Other growers or dealers houses
- Computer data tracking
- Thermal imaging devices
Choose your friends and lovers wisely. Majority of busts are due to a jealous and vindictive lover or friend. Often times pressured by police to turn you in.
What NOT to do:
- Tell your friends.
- Show people.
- Throw something in the garbage that would incriminate you. It is perfectly legal for cops to root around your trash to determine what goes on in your house.
- Have seeds or growing equipment sent directly to where you are growing.
- Visit another grower’s house.
- Partake in wild parties or spend time with real criminals.
- Frequently visit the grow store in your own vehicle.
- Go directly back to the place you are growing when you leave the grow store.
- Forget to use a proxy server to prevent government agencies and criminals from tracking you.
- Use your own phone to contact seed companies or grow stores.
- Pay with credit card for all transactions related to growing.
- Forget to pay with bitcoin or cryptocurrency.
- Not have a guard dog.
- Keep stored or otherwise not own a highly rated fire extinguisher.
- Load any grow equipment when visibility is high and do it all a once.
- Put utilities in your own name.
- Own the home your growing in.
- Act suspicious.
- Have guns in the grow house. Sentencing will be seriously enhanced if busted with a gun.
Thermal Image Technology
In many places around the world thermal image technology is a legal means for authorities to search for potential growers. Regardless, thermal image technology is rarely effective with growers with less than 2000 watts. Running your lights during the day is known to confuse the technology. Well installing your grow house and expelling any heat without leaving a heat trail are another ways of taking precaution.
- Never steal electricity.
- Keep the electric bill and usage at a reasonable amount and keep the air in your house clean.
- Inspect electrical outlets and connections for heat damage and repair immediately.
- Ground all electrical connections.
- Prevent grow room air-conditioner water from draining outside; it smells like marijuana.
- Discharge any odorous air through a roof vent or chimney.
- Use a carbon filter and an ozone generator to eliminate aroma. You can also look into odor absorbing gels and negative ion generators.
- Muffle all noise from fans, lights, pumps etc.
- Use insulated ducting
- Reduce vibrating fans with rubber or foam fittings
- Place ballasts on a noise-reducing base
- Trust nobody – friends, family, lovers, siblings, even your parents.
- Keep a regular schedule and simple routine.
- Have a reason for using extra electricity.
- Make large purchases over time and do not flash large amounts of cash.
- Keep a regular job and reasons for your routine.
- Prevent people from visiting when possible and keep to yourself.
- Be a good neighbor.
- Maintain your property and keep it neat a clean.
- Drive a street legal vehicle.
- Pay your bills on time to keep debt collectors away from your house and feds out of you finances.
Know Your Rights and the Law
In the worse case scenario be sure to know your rights. Do not answer any questions and do not consent to a search. If you have an encounter with law enforcement be sure to not answer any questions. Tell them “I want to talk to an attorney. I will not answer you questions.” It’s also best to let your lawyer decide what is best for you to say.
What to know if you encounter the police
- Do not consent to a search of any personal property including your house, car, or body.
- Never speak of any garden to cops. Do not indicate or show evidence of medical use.
- Request a lawyer.
- Never believe ANYTHING law enforcement officials tell you, your friends, family or anyone. They are trained to elicit information at the expense of telling a lie.
- Do not sign any statements, provide any information, or heed to their threats.
- Answer question with questions.
- Be nice but assertive.
- Prevent any extra charges and do not physically resist arrest.
Legality of marijuana
Whether or not it’s legal depends on who you are and where you are located. Before planning a garden make sure you have a clear understanding of the local, state, and federal laws regarding marijuana cultivation. Understanding the laws can help you decide if gardening is a realistic possibility. It’s also a good idea to make a plan based on worse-case scenarios.
In states where medical marijuana patients are permitted to grow there are often strict laws on the number of plants or the amount of space they occupy. Cultivating marijuana in most states is considered a serious offense and can often cause more trouble than it’s worth so it’s important to be cautious. Consider the following before you embark on your journey of growing.
- Am I willing and able to manage the responsibilities and risks?
- Can I afford legal representation if needed?
- If you live with other people, how do they feel about it?
- Is my area really secure?
Majority of arrest related to growing marijuana are due to “accidents,” lovers’ revenge, nosy neighbors or jealous friends. Statistics also show individuals who snitch in hopes to get out of trouble.